Most of the material in this section will be covered in more
The DEC keyboard is divided into the following sections:
- Main alphanumeric keyboard, which is used for data entry.
There are some useful control key sequences available.
For these, hold the Ctrl key down while the other key is
||Used with the RECALL command
||Go to end of line
||Go to start of line
||Insert page break
||Used with the LEARN command (see below)
||Erase start of line
||NEVER USE THIS IN EVE
- The function keys. These are along the top of the keyboard. Important
||forward / reverse toggle
||move by line
||insert / overstrike toggle
Other function keys may be defined as site extensions.
- The keypad. This is immediately right of the main keyboard. These
- The Cursor control keys, PREV SCREEN , NEXT SCREEN
and FIND are used for moving around the file being edited.
- SELECT , REMOVE and INSERT HERE are used
for changing the file being edited.
- HELP gives information about the numeric keyboard.
- DO is used for entering EVE commands.
- Pressing DO twice repeats the last command.
- The numeric keypad. This is on the far right of the keyboard.
This can be defined as:
- A numeric keyboard.
- A standard application's keypad (e.g. EDT or WPS).
- Its keys can be individually defined (see below).
Adrian P Robson